Invalid signature when restoring metabase
BG
2004-01-27 22:28:49 UTC
I get the message Invalid Signature when I try to restore my IIS metabase.
Any ideas? I had to re-install Windows 2003 on this server. I backed up the
files and restored and now I am attempting to restore the metabase using the
Backup/Restore Configuration in IIS, when this error occurs.
Bernard
2004-01-29 09:36:08 UTC
How do you backup ? if it's via IIS MMC and you reinstall the OS,
that backup can't be restore simply due to it contain machine signature and
etc detail.

You should export configuration to file. or use metabase explorer to export
to file
without any machine specific detail.
--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
BG
2004-01-29 17:56:39 UTC
Bernard, I think you hit the nail on the head. I use metabase editor on
another server to export its metabase. But, I was not doing this on my MS
SUS server. I used the MS SUS Deployment documentation on Backup and
Restore as a procedure. I guess it assumes that you are backing up and
restoring to the same OS and box.
Bernard