Changing password using iisadmpwd/aexp3.htr
Danny Chieng
2004-11-09 04:45:02 UTC

I am facing a problem when want to change password using the iisadmpwd. The
error message given is Error number:-2147022987.
Would like to know what is the message means?

But I have solved this problem by enable the user account as its been lockout.

Thank You

Regards,
Danny
James P
Danny
Danny Chieng
2004-11-09 07:22:01 UTC
Yah, I should have notice that. But when it prompts for error, there are 3
numbers available.
2147023569 - Please wait 7 days later to change your password.
2147022675 - Incorrect parameters: Please ensure your username and old
passwords are correct
2147024891 - General access denied: Please check whether your account is
disabled or locked.

but in my case it prompts the other number.......
Post by James P
It means "your account has been locked"!
Hi,
Danny
Yogita Manghnani [MSFT]
2004-11-11 19:21:50 UTC
Hello,
That error code translates to The referenced account is currently locked
out and may not be logged on to.
On the iisadmpwd, am assuming you have both Anonymous and Integrated
authentication methods enabled. By default we use a local iusr account for
anonymous access and this account won't be able to contact the DC to
perform the password change operation.Can you set a domain account as the
anonymous user for just the iisadmpwd virtual directory? To do this,
1) open command prompt and switch to C:\inetpub\adminscripts
2) "cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/<site id>/iisadmpwd/anonymoususername
"<domain\user>". To find the site id for this site, in the IIS MMC, go to
the proerties dialog for this site and click on the Properties button in
the Enable logging section under the website tab. Under the Logging
properties tab, you'll see the log file name which will be of the format
w3svc<siteid>/exyymmdd.log. Most likely, the site id for this site is 1 but
you can confirm it easily.
3) "cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/<site id>/iisadmpwd/anonymoususername
"<password>"
4) "iisreset"
5) Make sure this domain account has the necessary rights and permissions
on the content and other system folders as per Q271071
6) Test out the password change

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Thanks,
Yogita Manghnani
Microsoft Developer Support
Internet Information Server

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is an online
account name for newsgroup participation only.<<

You assume all risk for your use.

© 2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Danny Chieng
2004-11-22 03:27:01 UTC
Hi Mr Yogita

Yah, the error number prompts 2147022987. I couldn't find the translation
this specific number. Now I know.

Thanks for the solutions

DAnny